Thursday, October 4, 2012

So I am loving my new home. Starting to get into decorating it now. I bought a roll of chalk paper to stick somewhere and I thought I was going to use it in Jude's room - but because it was quite long and thin, I found the perfect place for it...on the kitchen cupboard. I've always loved that cafe feel in a kitchen and this definitely adds to that. I've done a step by step on how I added it and the final result... P.S. I LOVE it and it's proven to be extremely functional by adding groceries needed and up coming events.

This is my cupboard before.
I put the paper at the height I wanted it...
...then I drew a line to work off (if you can see it).
 After that I cut the length I wanted and followed t he blocks at the back which made cutting it even easy.
(no picture)

Then I folded over the first piece to start pulling off.
I stuck the sticky bit along my pen mark, then I started pulling down the back paper.
I would pull the back paper down maybe 10cm at a time, then stop to smooth out the bumps - I pushed the bumps to the bottom where the air could get out.
It got easier to pull down the backing paper the longer it got.
And the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment